Tuesday, July 10, 2012

ERROR in the post “Where are the Public Meeting Minutes?”

I was factually wrong in the 3 July post "Where are the Public Meeting Minutes?"  The Code of Virginia 2.2-3707.1 ONLY APPLIES to the Executive Branch of the Commonwealth.
There is not any REQUIREMENT for any portion of local government to post minuets within any time limit, nor must they be posted online.  There are very specific requirements for local government to keep minutes of open meetings, what must be included in the minutes, and that the minutes must be open to the public.
Thank you to the Chairman of the Essex County School Board for notifying me of my error.
I apologize for the error and have edited the posting to correct the errors while keeping my errors open to public view.  I wrote the article - ESO had no responsibility for the erroneous citation.  After all, I believe in government transparency and should meet that same standard for articles published by ESO.
John R. Clickener

No comments:

Post a Comment